Glenn County is named for Hugh J Glenn, who was a California businessman and politician.
Created: March 11, 1891
Willows 1891 – present
County Courthouse – Willows
Location: 526 West Sycamore Street / Lassen Street
Built: 1894 – 1895
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: John Curtis of San Francisco
Contractor: California Bridge Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story cream colored stucco structure. The building is a cross shape with north, south, east and west wings. The north front has a portico supported by four columns and with a balcony on the second story. Four vertical pilasters rise on the second story to a pediment at the roof life. A balustrade runs along the flat roof line. Attached to the courthouse on the east side is the Courthouse Annex constructed in 1968. The building has concrete arches along the north, east and west sides and a glass paneled entrance on the west side. The roof line is flat. The architect was Alvin Fingado and George T Kern and the contractor was W F Mills Construction Company, Inc. On the west side of the courthouse is the District Attorney Office housed in the old Clerk’s Office.
Note: When constructed in 1893, the courthouse had a high cupola on the center of the roof. The cupola was removed in 1951 after damage by an earthquake.
Note: John Curtis also designed the courthouse in Placer County.
N – Tehama County
E – Butte County
S – Colusa County
Photos taken 2013