Sharp County is named for Ephraim Sharp, who was an early settler in the area.
Created: July 18, 1868
Evening Shade 1870 – 1967
Hardy 1894 – 1967
Ash Flat 1967 – present
County Courthouse – Ash Flat
Location: 718 Ash Flat Drive / Court Road
Built: 1966 – 1967
Architect: Stuck, Frier, Lane & Scott Incorporated of Jonesboro
Description: The building faces west and is a one story brick structure.
Old County Courthouse – Hardy
Location: Main Street / Kelly Avenue
Built: 1883 – 1884
Description: The building faces north and is a two story stone structure. The first story has an entrance at ground level on the south side. The second story has a central entrance at Main Street. The building served as the courthouse from 1894 to until 1997.