Scott County is named for Andrews Scott, who was a territorial judge.
Created: November 5, 1833
Waldron 1833 – present
County Courthouse – Waldron
Location: 190 West 1st Street / Huston Street
Built: 1994 – 1995
Architect: Perkins & Associates of Russellville
Contractor: Besheare Construction of Fort Smith
Description: The building faces south and is a one story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is constructed in the form of a “Y” with a west wing and a north wing. The south entrance has a large canopy extending from the building and supported by two pillars. The southeast corner of the building rises to a pitched roof with columns rising to form an arch in the centre. The roof is sloped.
Old County Courthouse – Waldron
Location: SW – South Main Street / West 2nd Street
Built: 1933 – 1934
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Bassham & Wheeler
Contractor: Unknown ( WPA )
Description: The building faces faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The esst front has a large stone section rising above the roof line. There is stone trim along the windows. The roof line is flat. The building is a Works Project Administration project.
E – Yell County
W – Le Flore County, Oklahoma