Pulaski County is named for Casimir Pulaski, who was a Revolutionary War soldier killed at the Battle of Savannah, and who lived from 1746 to 1779.
Created: December 15, 1818
Little Rock 1818 – present
Old County Courthouse – Little Rock
Location: West 2nd Street / South Spring Street
Built: 1887 – 1889
Style: Romanesque Revival
Architect: Maximillian A Oriopp, Jr.
Contractor: J M Brown
Description: The building faces east and is a four story red colored brick and stone structure. On the southeast corner is a large square tower rising above the roof line with clock and steep roof at the top. The southwest corner has a round tower with conical roof. The windows are framed with stone. The roof is hipped. The building is connected to the courthouse along the north side. The foreman was J C McKee.
County Courthouse – Little Rock
Location: 405 West Markham Street / South Spring Street
Built: 1912 – 1914
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: George Mann
Contractor: A O Campbell
Description: The building faces north and is a three story gray colored stone structure. The building is located on the north side of the old courthouse.
Criminal Justice Building – Little Rock
Location: 224 South Spring Street / West 2nd Street
Built: 2006 – 2007
Architect: Fennel Purifoy Hammock Architects
Contractor: East Harding, Inc.
Description: The building faces north and is a two story structure. The building is located south of the old courthouse.
See: Located in the county is the Arkansas Supreme Court.
E – Lonoke County
Photos taken 2011 and 2017