Phillips County is named for Sylvanus Phillips, who was a member of the territorial legislature.
Created: May 1, 1820
Helena 1820 – present
County Courthouse – Helena
Location: 620 Cherry Street / Perry Street
Built: 1914 – 1915
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Frank W Gibb of Little Rock
Contractor: L R Wright & Company.
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building is located in the center of the city. The west front has a porch with six large columns supporting a wide header. There are three doors on the first story with windows between the columns. The cornice below the roof line projects. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated in 1984. The architect was Cromwell, Truemper, Levy, Parker & Woodmall and the contractor was White Construction Company of Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1869.
N – Lee County
Photos taken 2012 and 2017