Logan County is named for James Logan, who was an early settler of western Arkansas.
Created: March 22, 1871
Flat Top Mountain 1871 – 1873
Ellsworth 1873 – 1875
Paris 1875 – 1901
Paris 1901 – present ( Northern District )
Booneville 1901 – present ( Southern District )
County Courthouse – Paris
Location: 25 West Walnut Street / North Elm Street
Built: 1908 – 1909
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: A Klingensmith
Contractor: Halter Brothers
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick structure. The south front and on each side is a large portico supported by four high white colored columns with pediment at the top. The recessed entrances have a small pediment above the wood framed door. On the center of the roof is an octagonal white cupola with clock and steep gold colored roof at the top. The building was renovated in 1950. The architect was Max Sutton and N M Hardwick.
County Courthouse – Booneville
Location: 366 North Broadway / East 4th Street
Built: 1928 – 1929
Style: lItalian Renaissance Revival
Architect: Haralson and Nelson
Contractor: J A Fraser and J K Fraser
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The west front has a projecting center section with central entrance on the first story. The windows on the second story are arched. At the roof line is a clock. A horizontal band runs between the stories. A wide cornice runs below the flat roof line.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1901. The cost of construction of the present courthouse was $90,000.
Photos taken 2010