Lincoln County is named for Abraham Lincoln, who was a member of Congress from Illinois ( 1847-1849 and President of the United States ( 1861-1865 ).
Created: March 28, 1871
Star City 1871 – present
County Courthouse – Star City
Location: 300 South Drew Street / Wiley Street
Built: 1941 – 1943
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Wittenberg and Delony of Little Rock
Contractor: R G Reid, W H Prysock and others ( WPA )
Description: The building faces west and is a two buff colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The west front has a central entrance on the first story with small canopy above. There are vertical cement dividers between the windows with a wide header rising above the north and south sections which project. The roof line is flat. The contractor was Works Project Administration which employed R G Reid, W H Prysock and others to complete the labor. Materials were purchased from local suppliers. The building was renovated in 1978.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by R P Morrison and constructed by Monk & Ritchie in 1911.
N – Jefferson County
S – Drew County
Photos taken 2011