Hot Spring County is named for the naturally occurring hot springs in the area.
Created: November 2, 1829
Hot Springs 1829 – 1844
Rockport 1844 – 1873
Malvern 1873 – present
County Courthouse – Malvern
Location: 210 Locust Street / West 2nd Street
Built: 1936 – 1937
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Thompson, Sanders & Ginnochio
Contractor: William Peterson
Description: The building faces northeast and is a three story buff colored brick structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds and is constructed in an “H” shape with a recessed center section on the northeast. The projecting sections are lower than the central section. The roof line is flat.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Hot Spring County Courthouse
E – Grant County
Photos taken 2011 and 2017