Fulton County

US States / A-G / Arkansas / Fulton County
Fulton

Fulton County is named for William Savin Fulton, who as the last Governor of the Arkansas Territory.

Created:  December 21, 1842

County Seat:        

Pilot Hill   1842 – 1844

Salem     1844 – present

 

County Courthouse – Salem

 

Location:  123 South Main Street / West Church Street

Built:  1890 – 1891

Style:  Second Empire

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story dark red colored brick structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The east front has a canopy at the entrance, There are one story north and south wings. The roof line is flat. The building was remodeled in 1974.

 

Note:  The first courthouse was built in 1843.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Ozark County, Missouri, Howell County, Missouri and Oregon County, Missouri

E – Sharp County

S – Sharp County and Izard County

W – Baxter County

 

 

 

0472a11

County Courthouse

 

 

0473a11

 

 

0475a11

 

 

0476a11

 

 

0477a11

 

 

0478a11

 

 

0471a11

Photos taken 2011