Dallas County

US States / A-G / Arkansas / Dallas County

Dallas County is named for George M Dallas, who was the eleventh Vice President of the United States of America.


Created:  January 1, 1845

County Seat:

Princeton   1845 – 1908

Fordyce     1908 – present


County Courthouse – Fordyce


Location:  206 West 3rd Street / Oak Street

Built:  1911 – 1912

Style:   Beaux Arts

Architect:  Frank W Gibb of Little Rock

Contractor:  Edgar L Koonce


Description:  The building faces south and is a two story brown colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Fordyce. The south front has a large portico with four white colored columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The west and east sides have a small porches. A wide white colored band runs below the roof line. On the center of the roof is a white colored cupola with black colored dome. 


Note:  The first courthouse was a log structure built in 1846 on the east side of the town square in Princeton. The second courthouse was built in 1852 in Princeton at a cost of $6,000.and was moved to Fordyce in 1908 when the county seat was moved. The third and present courthouse was constructed in 1911 to 1912.



N – Hot Spring County and Grant County

E – Grant County and Cleveland County

S – Calhoun County and Ouachita County

W – Clark County





County Courthouse – Fordyce

























Photos taken 2011 and 2019