Bradley County is named for Hugh Bradley, who was a soldier in the War of 1812.
Created: December 18, 1840
Warren 1840 – present
County Courthouse – Warren
Location: 101 East Cedar Street / Main Street
Built: 1903 – 1904
Style: Romanesque Revival
Architect: Frank W Gibb of Little Rock
Contractor: Edgar L Koonce
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The southwest corner has a high five story square clock tower with open arched cupola at the top. The southeast corner has a small three story square tower with open arched section on the fourth story. The center section has a central entrance with a white colored column on each side supporting a small balcony on the second story. A balustrade runs along the flat roof line. The building was renovated in 2002. The architect was Trull-Hollensworth and the contractor was Rankin Construction. On the east side is the old Clerk’s Office.
Note: The first courthouse was constructed in 1843. The second courthouse was designed and constructed by Sweeney, Copeland and Pennington in 1862 at a cost of $7,498.
N – Cleveland County
W – Calhoun County
Photos taken 2011