Boone County is named for Daniel Boone, who was a frontiersman and who died at the Alamo, Texas.
Created: April 9, 1869
Harrison 1869 – present
County Courthouse – Harrison
Location: 100 North Main Street / Stephenson Avenue
Built: 1908 – 1909
Style: Georgian Revival
Architect: Charles L Thompson of Little Rock
Contractor: A M Byrnes and C H McCauley
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The north front has a projecting center section with central entrance framed with stone. On the second story are three large windows with pediment above at the roof line. The roof is sloped.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1871 and was destroyed by fire on July 4, 1908.
S – Newton County
W – Carroll County
Photos taken 2011