Benton County is named for Thomas Hart Benton, who was a Senator from the State of Missouri.
Created: September 30, 1836
Bentonville 1836 – present
County Courthouse – Bentonville
Location: 201 NE Second Street / NE A Street
Built: 1926 – 1927
Architect: A O Clark
Contractor: Messenger and Dalton
Description: The building faces west and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The west front has five arches on the first story with six columns rising from the second story to the top of the third story. Above is a wide header with projecting eave and parapet above. The north and south wings extend from the main building. The roof line is flat.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1837. The second courthouse was designed by Willian T Ritter and constructed by Neely & Kenton and S G Elliott in 1873.
County Judicial Center – Bentonville
Location: 203 East Central Avenue / NE B Street
Built: 1999 – 2000
Architect: Hight-Jackson Associates
Contractor: Nabholz Construction Corporation
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The building is attached to the east side of the courthouse. The south entrance has a large arch with recessed entrance on the first story. The section on the east side is two stories. The roof line is flat.
Photos taken 2010