Navajo County is named for the Navajo an Native American people who reside in the area.
Created : March 21, 1895
Holbrook 1895 – present
County Courthouse – Holbrook
Location: 100 East Carter Drive / South Highway 77
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: James Gresham & Associates
Contractor: Tibshraeny Bros. Construction Inc.
Description: The building faces north and is a one story complex of red brick structures. The building on the south is the Judicial Building and faces north onto the courtyard. The entrance has a large glass window above the glass doors. There are few windows in the building. Inside the north entrance is an open lobby. The building is joined on the west side to the Administration Building which is along the west side.
Old County Courthouse – Holbrook
Location: NE – East Arizona Street / South Navajo Boulevard
Built: 1898 – 1899
Style: Richardsonian Romanesque
Architect: D W Millard and George G Grosvenor
Contractor: M J Kennedy and John C Grim of Flagstaff
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick structure. On the south front is a square brick tower with open arched area on the third story and brown stone trimmed arch on the first story. The windows on the second story are arched. The building is now used as a museum.
N – San Juan County, Utah
E – Apache County