Randolph County

US States / A-G / Alabama / Randolph County
Randolph

Randolph County is named for John Randolph, who was a United States Senator from Virginia.

 

Created:  December 18, 1832

County Seat:        

Wedowee  1832 – present

 

County Courthouse – Wedowee

 

Location:  100 Main Street / East Broad Street SE

Built:  1940 – 1941

Style:  Federalist

Architect:  Paul W Hofferbert

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The south front has a small porch at the entrance on the first story. Above is a large window on the second story. There are two gables along the sloped roof line. The corners of the building have stone trim. This was a Works Project Administration project. The building was remodeled in 1985. The architect was Chambless-Killingworth & Associates and the contractor was Pruett-Sharpe.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Cleburne County

E – Carroll County, Georgia, Heard County, Georgia and Troup County, Georgia

S – Chambers County and Tallapoosa County

W – Clay County

 

 

 

1221a10

 

 

1223a10

 

 

1224a10

 

 

1226a10

 

 

1225a10

 

 

1220a10

Photos taken 2010