Dale County is named for Samuel Dale, who was an early settler and Indian fighter.
Created: December 22, 1824
Ozark 1824 – present
County Courthouse – Ozark
Location: 114 South Union Avenue / West Broad Street
Built: 1967 – 1968
Architect: Waid & Holmes
Contractor: Madison Construction
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick, glass and concrete structure. On each side of the building are high white arches with recessed narrow vertical windows On the east and west sides there is a horizontal band running above the first story. The north and south sides of the building are narrower than the main building.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed Andrew J Bryan and the contractor was M T Lewman in 1901.
W – Coffee County
Photos taken 2009