Calhoun County is named for John C Calhoun, who was a United States statesman and Vice President.
Created: December 18, 1832
Anniston 1832 – present
County Courthouse – Anniston
Location: 25 West 11th Street / Gurnee Avenue
Built: 1900 – 1901
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: James Wingfield Golucke & Company of Atlanta
Contractor: S C Houser & Wolsongrot
Description: The building faces south and is a two story structure. The south front has a projecting center section with three arches on the first story, three vertical windows on the second story and pediment above. On the center of the roof is a high square clock tower with green colored dome at the top. The building was renovated in 1924. The architect was Lockwood, Poundstone & Billie and the contractor was Scarbough & Dempsey. The building was remodeled in 1932. The architect was Lockwood and Poundstone and Maurice R Thomas and the contractor was J P Bradfield. The building was renovated in 1991 and 1992 with the addition on the north side. The architect was Christian & Associates and the contractor was Bentley Construction Company.
E – Cleburne County
S – Talladega County
Photos taken 2010