Kane County is named for Thomas L Kane, who assisted early settlers to the region.
Created: January 16, 1864
Kanab 1864 – present
County Courthouse – Kanab
Location: 76 North Main Street / East 100 Street North
Built: 1981 – 1982
Architect: Stringham and Stringham
Contractor: Don Meink Company
Description: The building faces west and is a one story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city and has a central section with a raised black roof. A wide horizontal cement band is supported by brick pillars and forms a canopy over the entrances. The City Hall forms part of the northeast corner of the building.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Ware & Teganza and constructed in 1920.
E – San Juan County
Photos taken 2008