Juab County is named for a Native American word meaning “valley” or “thirsty valley”.
Created: March 3, 1852
Nephi 1852 – present
County Courthouse – Nephi
Location: 160 North Main Street / East 100 Street North
Built: 1920 – 1921
Style: Classical Revival
Description: The building faces west and is a two story dark red colored brick and concrete structure. The building was originally the Nephi Hiigh School. The west central entrance protrudes with two thin columns rising to the top of the second story. A wide horizontal white cornice follows the roofline. Above the entrance is a raised portion. On the north end and south end are two thin columns each. The basement is cement below the first story windows. The building was converted for use as a courthouse in 1980 to 1981. The architect was Dell S Ashworth & Associates and Homer H Horton and the contractor was Reaveley Construction Company.
County Justice Center – Nephi
Location: 102 East 200 Street North / Main Street
Built: 2012 – 2014
Architect: Scott P Evans Architects and Associates
Contractor: Oakland Construction of Salt Lake City
Description: The building faces west and is a one story red and brown colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The entrance is located on the north section of the west side with glass panels and an extended canopy. Along the north side is a high concrete decorative wall rising above the roof line. The roof line is flat with a raised center section.
Old County Courthouse – Nephi
Location: 4 South Main Street / West Center Street
Built: 1892 – 1893
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and stone structure. The east front has a projecting center section with recessed entrance. On the south side are three descending windows. The roof is steep. The building was enlarged in 1937 and served as the courthouse until 1984. The building now houses a museum. On the west side is the old Juab County Jail.
Old County Courthouse – Eureka
Location: 15 North Church Street / West Main Street
Built: 1891 – 1892
Description: The building faces north and is a one story yellow colored stucco and stone structure. The north front has a central window with entrance on the east side of the front. The building rises to a peak with pitched roof. The building served as the City Hall and Courthouse until 1899. The cost of construction was $5000. Adams § Sons, of Eureka, installed a new roof in 1904. The building continues to serve as the City Hall.
E – Sanpete County
W – White Pine County, Nevada
Photos taken 2008, 2009, 2013 and 2015