Daggett County

US States / O-U / Utah / Daggett County
Daggett

Daggett County is named for Ellswood Daggett, who was the first Utah Surveyor General.

 

Created:  March 4, 1917

County Seat: 

Manila  1917 – present

 

County Courthouse – Manila 

 

Location:  95 North 100 West Street / West 100 North Street

Built:  1977 – 1978

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Ken Stevenson

Contractor:  Warner & Kendrick

 

Description:  The building faces east and  is a one story red colored brick, stone and concrete structure. The east front has a projecting portico supported by two stone pillars and having a red colored hipped roof. The building extends north and south and has few windows. Behind the building is the old white colored plastered jail.

 

Old County Courthouse – Manila 

 

0366u09

 

Location:  250 West Highway 43 / 3rd West Street

Built:  1912

Style:  Wood Frame

Architect:  Hastrup Brothers

Contractor:  Hastrup Brothers

 

Description:  To the southwest of the present courthouse is the old wood frame courthouse which was constructed in 1912 as a school. The east front has a projecting center section rising to a dormer at the roof line. The roof is hipped. The building was converted in 1922 to serve as the courthouse. The building is now the Vacation Inn.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Sweetwater County, Wyoming

E – Moffat County, Colorado

S – Uintah County

W – Duchesne County and Summit County

 

.

0363u09

 

 

0362u09

 

 

0361u09

 

 

0364u09

 

 

0365u09

 

 

0367u09

Photos taken 2009