Williamson County is named for Robert McAlpin Williamson, who was a leader and veteran of the Battle of San Jacinto.
Surrounding County Courthouses:
N – Bell County
W – Burnet County
Created: March 13, 1848
Georgetown 1848 – present
County Courthouse – Georgetown
Location: 710 South Main / West 8th Street
Built: 1910 – 1911
Style: Neo-Classical and Beaux Arts Revival
Architect: Charles Henry Page of Austin
Contractor: William C Whitney of Beaumont
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on the landscaped grounds of the Courthouse Square in the center of the city.The building has a portico on the south with arches on the first story and four large Ionic columns rising to the roof line. On the center of the roof is a large copper dome with the statue of Justice at the top. The building has terra cotta and limestone details.The interior has a central rotunda under the dome. The courtroom is located on the south side of the second story. The building was renovated in 2007. The architect was 1113 Architects, Inc. and the contractor was Browning Construction Company and Broaddus & Associates.
See: The architect, C H Page and Brother of Austin designed other courthouses in Anderson County, Fort Bend County, Hall County, Hays County, Hunt County, Orange County, Travis County and Trinity County.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1849 and the second courthouse was built in 1851. The third courthouse was a two story frame structure designed by James S Williams and built by Evan Williams in 1857. The fourth courthouse was a stone structure designed by Jasper Newton Preston and constructed by John Didelot of Austin in 1879 at a cost of $27,400. The fifth and present courthouse was constructed at a cost of $115,000.
County Justice Center – Georgetown
Location: 405 Martin Luther King Street / West 5th Street
Built: 2002 – 2004
Architect: Christopher Di Stefano & Associates
Contractor: Hill Contractors, Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story stone, glass and concrete structure. The building is located to the northwest of the courthouse in the center of the city. The building has a square framed entrance on the southwest corner. The facing is light stone with brown colored concrete.
County Courthouse - Georgetown
County Justice Center - Georgetown
Photos taken 2006 and 2009