San Patricio County is named for the Mexican Municipality of San Patricio ( Saint Patrick ).
Created: March 17, 1836
Corpus Christie 1845 – 1846
San Patricio 1846 – 1894
Sinton 1894 – present
County Courthouse – Sinton
Location: 400 West Sinton Street / North Oden Street
Built: 1927 – 1928
Style: Texas Renaissance
Architect: Henry Truman Phelps of San Antonio
Contractor: H N Jones Construction Company.
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The south front has a protruding center section with arched entrance and a frieze at the top with clock. A third square brick story is recessed from the main east and west wings. The building has a white colored concrete block base. On the west side is a buff colored brick and concrete addition constructed in 1996. The architect was McGloin + Sween of Corpus Christi and the contractor was Braselton Construction of Corpus Christi.
See: The architect Henry Truman Phelps of San Antonio, Texas
Note: The county has had six courthouse in 1837, 1853, 1872, 1886, 1893 and 1928. The fifth and previous courthouse was designed by James Riely Gordon and constructed by Otto Kroeger in 1893.
E – Aransas County
S – Nueces County
Photos taken 2006, 2014 and 2019