Reeves County is named for George Robertson Reeves, who was a state legislator and a colonel in the Confederate army.
Created: April 14, 1883
Pecos 1883 – present
County Courthouse – Pecos
Location: 100 East 4th Street / South Oak Street
Built: 1936 – 1937
Style: Renaissance Revival
Architect: Trost & Trost of El Paso
Contractor: J L Hair Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front projects from the main building and has two arched entrances on the first story. The small east and west wings are one story. The hipped roof is red colored tile. The courtroom is located on the west side of the second story.
Note: The first courthouse was designed and constructed by Martin, Byrne & Johnston in 1886 at a cost of $39,000. The second and present courthouse was constructed at a cost of $120,000.
W – Culberson County
Photos taken 2014 and 2019