Potter County Courts Building – Amarillo
Location: 501 South Fillmore Street / West 6th Avenue
Built: 1984 – 1986
Architect: Hucker & Pargé and Ward-Brown Associates
Contractor: Wiley Hicks Jr. Inc. of Amarillo
Description: The building faces west and is an eight story white colored concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city on the east side of the old courthouse. The building has curved corners and vertical windows. The windowless center section projects westwards and rises above the roof line. The roof line is flat. The building houses the District Court and is located on the east side of the old courthouse. The building is named as the County Courts Building. The building houses the Seventh Court of Appeals.
Old County Courthouse – Amarillo
Location: 1621 SW 5th Avenue / Bowie Street
Built: 1895 – 1896
Contractor: C H Black
Description: The building faces south and is a two story white colored masonry concrete structure. The building faces south and was completed in 1896. The building is located on landscaped grounds on the northwest edge of the city center. The building is “T” shaped with a wings extending on the north side of the building. The building served as the third courthouse until 1902. The building became the Texas Highway Department Building and presently stands vacant.
See: The Potter County courthouse is located in Amarillo.
Court of Appeals
Old County Courthouse
Photos taken 2006, 2016 and 2019