Ochiltree County

US States / O-U / Texas / Ochiltree County
0482NM07

Ochiltree County is named for William Beck Ochiltree, an early settler in Texas, judge and legislator.

 

Created:  August 21, 1876

County Seat: 

Ochiltree 1889 – 1919

Perryton   1919 – present

 

County Courthouse – Perrytown

 

Location:  9 Southeast 5th Avenue / Main Street

Built:  1927 – 1928

Style:  Texas Renaissance

Architect:  Mann & Company

Contractor:  Corlett & Welchons

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick, steel and concrete Texas Renaissance style structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city and is rectangular with an addition on the east side. The west front has stone trim around the entrance and windows above the entrance. The courtroom is located on the second story. The building extends east with a large addition. An addition was constructed on the east side in 1974. The architect was Terrance Doane and the contractor was Tom Bradrow.

 

Note:  The first courthouse was built in Ochiltree in 1890 and moved to Perryton in 1919. The present courthouse was presumed to have been designed by Corlett and Welchons of Hutchinson, Kansas.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Texas County, Oklahoma and Beaver County, Oklahoma

E – Lipscomb County

S – Roberts County

W – Hansford County

 

 

 

0664nm16

County Courthouse

 

 

0480nm07

 

 

0666nm16

 

 

0671nm16

 

 

0481nm07

 

 

0673nm16

 

 

0483nm07

 

 

0672nm16

 

 

0674nm16

Photos taken 2007 and 2016