Morris County is named for William Wright Morris, who was a legislator and planter in the area.
Created: March 6, 1875
Daingerfield 1875 – present
County Courthouse – Daingerfield
Location: 500 Broadnax Street / Union Street
Built: 1970 – 1971
Architect: Pierce, Pace & Associates of Midland
Contractor: John Waddell Construction Company Inc. of Longview
Description: The building faces east and is a one story buff colored stone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The south and north sides have open porches supported with narrow pillars. A wide overhang extends along the east front. The central entrance on the east side has a glass doorway. The roof is hipped.
Note: The first courthouse was constructed in 1882 and the second courthouse was constructed in 1970.
Old County Courthouse – Daingerfield
Location: 205 North Linda Street / Webb Street
Built: 1882 – 1883
Architect: Peterson & Stuckey
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city to the south of the courthouse.. The west front has a projecting center section with vertical pillars and recessed entrance on the first story. An addition was constructed in 1916. The building is now owned by the Nix Peterson & Roach law firm.
E – Cass County
Old County Courthouse
Pictures taken 2010 and 2017