Montgomery County is named for the City of Montgomery in Alabama, which was named for General Richard Montgomery.
Created: December 19, 1837
Montgomery 1837 – 1874
Willis 1874 – 1880
Montgomery 1880 – 1889
Conroe 1889 – present
County Courthouse – Conroe
Location: 301 Noth Main Street / West Davis Street
Built: 1935 – 1936
Architect: Joseph Finger, Inc.
Contractor: Nathan Wohlfield
Description: The building faces east and is a three story limestone, buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. At the center is a tiered limestone building which is surrounded by buff colored wings on the north and south sides. On the east and west sides are one story porticoes supported by pillars. The roof line is flat. The building was enlarged in 1965 and 1966 with the addition of the north and south wings. The architect was John Conley and the contractor was Martin S Senands, Inc.. A further addition and alterations were completed in 1980. The architect was Page Southland Page of Houston and the contractor was S & S Contracting Company of Houston.
Note: Previous courthouses were built in 1838, 1842 and 1855. In 1891 the courthouse was designed by Eugene T Heiner and constructed by Moddie & Ellis.
County Administration – Conroe
Location: 301 North Thompson Street / West Davis Street
Built: 1990 – 1991
Architect: DSA – DiStefano / Santopetro Architects, Inc. of Houston
Contractor: Alliance Construction.
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is rectangular and located on the west side of the courthouse. The west front has a central entrance with projecting red colored brick section with recessed glass wall and rising to a peak above the roof line. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the James H Keeshan Building and houses the family court and county offices.
E – Liberty County
S – Harris County
W – Grimes County
Photos taken 2014 and 2017