Hutchinson County is named for Andrew Hutchinson, who was an early attorney in Texas.
Created: August 21, 1876
Plemons 1901 – 1926
Stinnett 1926 – present
County Courthouse – Stinnett
Location: 500 Main Street / 6th Street
Built: 1926 – 1927
Style: Texas Renaissance
Architect: William C Townes
Contractor: C S Lambie and Company
Description: The building faces west and is a three story brown colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The west front has a protruding section with high arch trimmed with gray colored concrete. A protruding cornice runs below the third story and another below the roof line.
Note: The courthouse had a roof top jail, which was removed in 1982.
See: The contractor, C S Lambie & Company, also constructed courthouses in New Mexico in Quaty County, Roosevelt County and Sierra County and in Texas in Childress County, Gregg County, Moore County, Potter County and Ward County.
N – Hansford County
E – Roberts County
S – Carson County
W – Moore County
Photos taken 2006 and 2016