Haskell County is named for Charles Haskell, who was killed in the Goliad Massacre.
Created: February 1, 1858
Haskell 1858 – present
County Courthouse – Haskell
Location: 1 North 2nd Street / South Avenue E
Built: 1891 – 1892
Style: Italian Renaissance
Architect: Jacob Larmour & A O Watson
Contractor: Jacob Larmour & A O Watson
Description: The building faces north and is a three story cream colored stone structure. The building is located on the landscaped Courthouse Square in the center of the city. The center sections project with entrances and one story porticoes on the first story. The east and west wings project from the main building. The third story windows are arched. A balustrade runs along the flat roof line. The building was remodeled in 1906 and again in 1931 when the architect was Austin and The Butler Company and the contractor was Sampson Construction.
N – Knox County
W – Stonewall County
Photos taken 2014