Crosby County is named for Stephen Crosby, who was a land commissioner.
Created: August 21, 1876
Estacado 1886 – 1891
Emma 1891 – 1910
Crosby 1910 – present
County Courthouse – Crosbyton
Location: 201 West Aspen Street / South Crosby Street
Built: 1913 – 1914
Architect: M H Waller of Fort Worth
Contractor: S Goodrum of Sweetwater.
Description: The building faces north and is a two story brown colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front has a large portico supported by four high white colored columns rising from the first to second story. The pediment and the roof line have white colored trim. There are east and west wings extending from the building and having small one story porticoes. The courtroom is located at the center of the second story.
Note: The first courthouse was built in Estacado burned in 1888. When Emma became the county seat in 1891, the courthouse was moved to Emma at a cost of $3000. 1889. In 1910, the county sear was moved to Crosbyton and the third and present courthouse was constructed.
N – Floyd County
E – Dickens County
S – Garza County
W – Lubbock County
Photos taken 2006, 2014 and 2019