Camp County is named for John Lafayette Camp, who was a Texas politician.
Created: April 6, 1874
Pittsburg 1874 – present
County Courthouse – Pittsburg
Location: 126 Church Street / North Avenue
Built: 1927 – 1928
Style: Texas Renaissance and Classical Revival
Architect: Smith and Praeger of Paris
Contractor: Wentzel & Wood
Description: The building faces east and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city. There are small porticoes on the east and south sides with four thin columns. A narrow horizontal belt runs below the roof line and another belt is above the third story windows. The roof line is flat. To the east is the one story County Courthouse Annex.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1881. The second and present courthouse was constructed at a cost of $79,623.
N – Titus County
E – Morris County
S – Upshur County
County Courthouse Annex
Photos taken 2010 and 2017