Burleson County is named for Edward Burleson, who was a general and a statesman of the Texas Revolution.
Created: January 15, 1846
Caldwell 1846 – present
County Courthouse – Caldwell
Location: 100 West Buck Street / North Main Street
Built: 1926 – 1927
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: J M Glover of Houston
Contractor: T B Hubbard Construction Company
Description: The building faces southeast and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The southeast front has a slightly projecting center section with entrance on the first story and four columns with recessed section on the second and third stories. The roof line is flat. The interior has Sullivanesque detail in plaster. The courtroom is located on the northeast side of the third story.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1846 in Caldwell. The second courthouse was built in 1850. The third courthouse was a two story brick structure constructed by Martin, Byrne & Johnston in 1889 to 1890. The fourth and present courthouse was constructed at a cost of $200,000.
County Courthouse Annex – Caldwell
Location: 205 East Fox Street / North Porter Street
Built: 2014 – 2016
Architect: Burns Architecture of Lakeway
Contractor: Templeton Construction of San Angelo
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds to the northeast of the courthouse in the center of the city. The northwest section is two stories with a one story projecting entrance section on the southeast side. The southwest section is one story. The roof line is flat. There are two courtrooms on the northwest side of the first story.
E – Brazos County
W – Lee County
County Courthouse Annex
Photos taken 2014 and 2019