Baylor County is named for Henry Weidner Baylor, who was a surgeon in the Texas Rangers during the Mexican-American War.
Created: February 1, 1858
Seymour 1858 – present
County Courthouse – Seymour
Location: 101 South Washington Street / West Morris Street
Built: 1967 – 1968
Architect: Pierce, Norris & Pace Associates of Dallas
Contractor: The Flynt Bibb Company of Seymour
Description: The building faces west and is a one story buff colored concrete structure. The building is located on spacious grounds in the center of the city. The west front has a recessed glass paneled entrance with arches rising above the roof line. The building also contains the Public Library. The roof line was flat.
Note: The first and previous courthouse was designed by James E Flanders and constructed by Ferner Brothers & Wirz in 1884.
N – Wilbarger County
E – Archer County
Photos taken 2014