Trousdale County is named for William Trousdale, who was a soldier and officer during the Creek War and Mexican-American War, a state senator and Governor of Tennessee.
Created: June 21, 1870
Hartsville 1870 – present
County Courthouse – Hartsville
Location: 200 East Main Street / River Street
Built: 1905 – 1906
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: W F Winn of Hartsville
Contractor: W F Winn of Hartsville
Description: The building faces north and is a three story dark red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front has a porch with balcony on the second story. On the center of the roof is a round cupola with gold colored dome. Additions were added on the east and west sides in 1971. .
Note: The previous courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1905.
N – Macon County
E – Smith County
S – Wilson County
W – Sumner County
Photos taken 2012 and 2014