Crockett County is named for David Crockett, who was a legendary frontiersman and who died at the Battle of the Alamo.
Surrounding County Courthouses:
Created: November 23, 1871
Cageville 1871 – 1872
Alamo 1871 – present
County Courthouse – Alamo
Location: 1 South Bells Street / Main Street
Built: 1873 – 1874
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: John Archer of Brownsville
Contractor: E R Crandell of Brownsville
Description: The building faces west and is a two story cream colored brick structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Alamo. The south front has a central entrance and arched windows on the first and second stories. The roof line if flat. In the interior, there are wooden stairs ascending to the second story where the courtroom is located. The building houses the County Circuit Court, County Chancery Court, County General Sessions Court and County Juvenile Court of the 28th Judicial District. The building was remodeled in 1934 and an addition was added on the north side in 1968.
History: The county was created in 1871 and Cageville was selected as the county seat. In 1872, the county seat was moved to Alamo. The first and present courthouse was constructed in 1873 to 1874 at a cost of $21,000.
County Courthouse - Alamo
Photos taken 2011 and 2018