Walworth County is named for the settlers who were originally from Walworth County in Wisconsin.
Created: January 8, 1873
Scranton 1883 – 1884
Bangor 1884 – 1908
Selby 1908 – present
County Courthouse – Selby
Location: 4304 4th Avenue / Theodore Street
Built: 1911 – 1912
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: J P Eisentraut
Contractor: Gary Construction Company of Watertown
Description: The building faces east and is a three story concrete, sandstone and buff colored brick structure. The building is located on spacious grounds in the center of the city. On each side of the building, the center projects from the main building with a Greek style roof on the third story. A projecting cornice runs below the roof line. The roof line is flat. The base of the building is dark red brick.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1904.
N – Campbell County
E – Edmunds County
S – Potter County
Photos taken 2006, 2010 and 2015