Perkins County is named for Henry Perkins, who was a State senator from Sturgis in 1908.
Created: November 3, 1908
Bison 1909 – present
County Courthouse – Bison
Location: 100 East Main Street / Coleman Avenue ( 3rd Avenue )
Built: 1969 – 1970
Architect: Hengel Associates
Contractor: F & J Construction Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a one story modern red-orange colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The entrance on the south side has a large glass window over the doorway. A wide concrete border goes around the roof line. The base of the building is dark brown brick. The roof line is flat.
Note: The old courthouse was constructed in 1909 on the same site as the present courthouse.
N – Adams County, North Dakota
S – Meade County
Picture 1909 Courthouse
Photos taken 2007, 2009 and 2013