Marshall County is named for Marshall Vincent, who was a homesteader near Andover.
Created: May 2, 1885
Britton 1885 – present
County Courthouse – Britton
Location: 911 Vander Horck Street / 9th Avenue
Built: 1907 – 1908
Architect: Bell & Detweiller ( Charles E Bell of Minneapolis, Minnesota )
Contractor: Wold and Johnson
Description: The building faces north and is three story gray colored stone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front has an arched entrance on the first story and two columns on the third story with a raised semi-circular window above. On the east and west are square towers with green colored roofs. In the center of the building is a square dome with copper roof. The courtroom is located on the west side of the third story.
See: The architect Charles E Bell of Minneapolis, Minnesota designed many courthouses.
N – Sargent County, North Dakota
E – Roberts County
S – Day County
W – Brown County
Photos taken 2006, 2009 and 2018