Day County is named for Merritt H Day, who was a pioneer and 1879 legislator.
Created: October 1, 1879
Webster 1885 – present
County Courthouse – Webster
Location: 710 West 1st Street / West 7th Avenue
Built: 1963 – 1964
Architect: Herges, Kichgasler & Associates of Aberdeen
Contractor: Schull Construction Company of Watertown
Desscription: The building faces east and is one story concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped gropunds in the center of the city. The east front has a glass door entrance with extended roof along the building with green colored stone trim. A large black colored stone panel sits to the north of the entrance. The west side of the building rises to two stories. The courthoom is located at the northwest corner of the first story.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Kinney & Detweiler and constructed by Fred Gross Construction in 1903. The building was destroyed by fire in 1963.
N – Marshall County
Cornerstone 1903 Courthouse
Picture 1903 Courthouse
Photos taken 2006, 2009 and 2018