Corson County is named for Dighton Corson, who was a Judge of the Supreme Court from 1889 to 1913.
Created: March 2, 1909
McIntosh 1909 – present
County Courthouse – McIntosh
Location: 120 1st Street / 1st Avenue East
Built: 2007 – 2009
Architect: Hulsing & Associates of Dickinson, North Dakota
Contractor: Tooz Construction of Dickinson, North Dakota
Description: The building faces south and is a one story light yellow and brown colored stone, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds on the north side of the center of the city. The south front has stone work and an open porch along the center and east section with stone dividers separating the windows. The other sides have vinyl covered walls. On the roof are three dormer windows. The base of the building which sits on the side of a slope is brown stone. The northwest section rises above the main building.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1910 and burned in 2006.
N – Sioux County, North Dakota
W – Perkins County
Photos taken 2009