Beadle County is named for General W H H Beadle, who was an early president of the Normal School at Madison.
Created: October 1, 1879
County Seat: Huron 1880 – present
County Courthouse – Huron
Location: 450 3rd Street Southwest / Colorado Avenue Southwest
Built: 1923 – 1924
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: W E Hulse & Company of Des Moines, Iowa
Contractor: Bartleson & Ness of Minot, North Dakota
Description: The building .faces north and is a three story gray colored limestone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. On the second and third stories, there are square stone pillars between the windows. A cornice runs below the roof line. The entrance is on the north side of the building. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Charles B Cook and built in 1884.
W – Hand County
Photos taken 2006 and 2009