McCormick County is named for Cyrus McCormick, who was the inventor of the mechanical reaper.
Created: February 19, 1916
McCormick 1916 – present
County Courthouse – McCormick
Location: 125 South Mine Street / West Augusta Street
Built: 1923 – 1924
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: G Lloyd Preacher & Company Inc.
Contractor: C W Cooper & Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story dark brown-red colored brick and concrete structure. The building has a large portico supported by four large white colored columns with a wide header along the top. Vertical white bands rise on either side of the doorway which is framed with white wood. A white colored horizontal cornice runs below the roof line. Above the portico, the roof forms a peak.
Photos taken 2008