Georgetown County is named for George II, King of Great Britain.
Georgetown 1769 – present
County Courthouse – Georgetown
Location: 715 Prince Street / Screvan Street
Built: 1823 – 1824
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Russell Warren
Contractor: Robert Mills of Charleston
Description: The building faces southeast and is a three story yellow colored stucco and stone structure. On the southeast is a porch with six large white colored columns rising on the second story to a pediment. The first story has an entrance arch at either end. The centre section is recessed with the main entrance doorway. The southwest section has four square pillars rising to the top of the second story with a pediment above. In 1908 the west wing was added. The architect was Hamby & Hamby.
E – Atlantic Ocean
Photos taken 2008