Dillon County is named for J W Dillon, who was a local booster for the county.
Created: February 5, 1910
Dillon 1910 – present
County Courthouse – Dillon
Location: 301 West Main Street / South 3rd Street
Built: 1911 – 1912
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: William Augustus Edwards of Darlington
Contractor: J A Jones.
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story dark red colored brick structure. The building has a porch supported by four large columns with a wide stone and brick header. At the top is a large crest. The doorway is recessed with a balcony above. Vertical stone bands run on either side of the windows. The base of the building is light colored stone.
N – Robeson County, North Carolina
W – Marlboro County
Photos taken 2008