Calhoun County is named for John C Calhoun, who was a United States statesman and Vice President.
Created: February 14, 1908
St. Matthews 1908 – present
County Courthouse – St. Matthews
Location: 102 Courthouse Drive / Mill Street
Built: 1913 – 1914
Style: Georgian Revival
Architect: William Augustus Edwards of Darlington
Contractor: W R Rose
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick structure. The building has a large center portico with four large white colored columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The window on the second story under the portico is arched. On the center of the roof is a small cupola.
N – Richland County
W – Lexington County
Photos taken 2008