Old County Courthouse – Woonsocket
Location: 24 Front Street / Court Street
Built: 1894 – 1895
Architect: William R Walker & Son
Contractor: Norton & Allaire
Description: The building faces west and is a three story stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The west front has a porch on the north side with recessed entrance and balcony on the second story. A high stone tower rises five stories with steep roof at the top. The west front has arched windows on the second story with large dormer on the hipped roof. On the north side of the building is a rounded section. The building has been converted into residences.
Note: The Fifth Division of the District Court was merged into Providence’s 6th Division in Providence.
See: The Providence County courthouse is located in Providence.
Photos taken 2017