Montgomery County is named for Richard Montgomery, who was a United States general killed in the American Revolutionary War, or for the County of Montgomeryshire in Wales.
Created: September 10, 1794
Norristown 1784 – present
County Courthouse - Norristown
Location: 2 East Airy Street / Swede Street
Built: 1853 – 1854
Architect: Napoleon Eugene Henry Charles LeBrun
Description: The building faces west and is a two story stone structure. The building is located on raised landscaped grounds. The west front has a large portico with six high columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. On the flat roof is a large dome with green colored dome with clocks. The building was remodeled in 1902 to 1904. The architect was Schermerhorn & Reinhold and the contractor was William Miller & Son. The building was renovated in 1914 and in 1929 when the architect was Rankin & Kellogg. The building was renovated in 1942 and in 1968 when the architect was Vincent G Kling & Associates. On the east side is a large annex constructed in 1929.
E – Bucks County
Photos taken 2017