Jefferson County is named for Thomas Jefferson, who was President of the United States from 1801 to 1809.
Created: March 26, 1804
Brookville 1804 – present
County Courthouse – Brookville
Location: 200 West Main Street / North Pickering Street
Built: 1866 – 1868
Architect: James W Drum
Contractor: James T Dickey of Kittanning.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The south front has a projecting center section with arched entrance on the first story and three high arched windows on the second story. Above is a pediment and a large square clock tower with cupola at the top. The roof line is flat. In 1927, the north section was built. The architect was Emmett E Bailey and the contractor was R H Richardson. The building was renovated in 1976. The architect was William L Snyder Jr.
S – Indiana County
Photos taken 2011