Indiana County is named for the Indiana Territory.
Created: March 30, 1803
Indiana 1803 – present
County Courthouse – Indiana
Location: 825 Philadelphia Street / North 8th Street
Built: 1968 – 1970
Architect: Laurie & Green
Contractor: Berkebell Brothers Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a four story dark red colored brick structure. The building has a large portico supported by four square columns rising to the pediment at the fourth story. One story east was west wing project from the building. White colored trim runs along the eaves.
Old County Courthouse – Indiana
Location: 601 Philadelphia Street / North 6th Street
Built: 1868 – 1870
Style: Second Empire
Architect: James W Drum
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red brick and stone style structure. The building faces south with five high arched windows on the second to third story. A large square clock tower with gold colored roof rises over the central front section. The building is now a bank.
N – Jefferson County
W – Armstrong County
Photos taken 2006 and 2015