Tillamook County is named for the Tillamook Native American people.
Created: December 15, 1853
Tillamook 1853 – present
County Courthouse – Tillamook
Location: 201 Laurel Avenue / 3rd Street
Built: 1932 – 1933
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Ormond R Bean and William Holford of Lawrence, Holford, Allyn & Bean
Contractor: L H Hoffman
Description: The building faces west and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city center. The west front has a long recessed center section with a projecting section on the north and south. The projecting sections rise above the roof line and have two high columns rising to a wide header. The entrance is recessed with large panel above on the second story. The interior has marble floors and wainscotting.
Old County Courthouse – Tillamook
Location: 2106 2nd Street / Pacific Avenue
Built: 1904 – 1905
Architect: Charles Burggraff
Contractor: H Snook
Description: The building faces south and is a two story stucco and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city center to the west of the courthouse. The south front has a small arched entrance on the first story. The building has stone trim at the corners. The hip roof is red colored. The building is now a museum.
N – Clatsop County
W – Pacific Ocean
Cornerstone from Old County Courthouse
Old County Courthouse
Photos taken 2012 and 2016